As discussed by Meow, Lilly and I in an other thread, random tips on how to make more interesting simmies more people will want to download.
TIPS (in random order)
- Don't stick to face one! Sculpt your sim's face, make it unique, not something anyone could replicate with the right CC.
- Use good quality CC. Try not to mismatch too different styles of CC unless you do it with logic and an idea behind it.
- While or before creating a sim, think up a quick bio for them. Decide what they like, dislike, what's their life story, etc. This way, you will be abble to decide of their clothes, make up, haircut, etc, according to their personnality.
- Think ouside the box while making your sim. Don't stick to, let's say, making a goth sim. Add personnal touches, make them original.
- Base you sims on people you know, celebrities, pictures from the internet (etc). This can help you make them look more realistic and 'real'. You don't have to copy complete faces, one or two features are a good.
- You could also try basing your sims on book or story characters, so you'll allready have the basics about their aparence while at the same time being free to customize them.
Feel free to give more advices, I'll add them to the list.