Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Gothic & Alternative downloads for The Sims 2 & 3.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fran
Sugar Pie
Fran

Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims Empty
PostSubject: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:14 am

As discussed by Meow, Lilly and I in an other thread, random tips on how to make more interesting simmies more people will want to download.

TIPS (in random order)
- Don't stick to face one! Sculpt your sim's face, make it unique, not something anyone could replicate with the right CC.
- Use good quality CC. Try not to mismatch too different styles of CC unless you do it with logic and an idea behind it.
- While or before creating a sim, think up a quick bio for them. Decide what they like, dislike, what's their life story, etc. This way, you will be abble to decide of their clothes, make up, haircut, etc, according to their personnality.
- Think ouside the box while making your sim. Don't stick to, let's say, making a goth sim. Add personnal touches, make them original.
- Base you sims on people you know, celebrities, pictures from the internet (etc). This can help you make them look more realistic and 'real'. You don't have to copy complete faces, one or two features are a good.
- You could also try basing your sims on book or story characters, so you'll allready have the basics about their aparence while at the same time being free to customize them.

Feel free to give more advices, I'll add them to the list.
Back to top Go down
Meow
Meow

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:14 pm

I really like this Fran Very Happy also make sure to upload Wink and I like the part about the not using face 1 sims really it's kinda of old to do that you should make sims with unique and exotic features like Fran said be original Wink
Back to top Go down
Steamed-Pepsi
Admin of Shiny Objects
Admin of Shiny Objects
Steamed-Pepsi

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:34 pm

Good ideas here. Smile I tend to make mine look mostly the same because I'm very indecisive lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/katiedeegan
Meow
Meow

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Hmm after a while I would think making the same gets old no?
Back to top Go down
Steamed-Pepsi
Admin of Shiny Objects
Admin of Shiny Objects
Steamed-Pepsi

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 am

lol yeah which is why i had taken a break from it. Smile

Oh, I got my Double Deluxe CD to install, but I had to download a No-CD crack cuz it's scratched to hell.
Oh, wait duh. lol
Back to top Go down
Meow
Meow

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Haha II try to always keep my cd's "Scratch free" which has been going good since Iv'e gotten double deluxe back in 2008 but there are a few scratches and such :/
Back to top Go down
Steamed-Pepsi
Admin of Shiny Objects
Admin of Shiny Objects
Steamed-Pepsi

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:24 pm

lol yeah, same. However when you have a cat who's favorite hobby is batting shiny things around on the tile floor, you're kinda shit out of luck with trying that. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims   Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips for making better (or at least more interesting) sims
Page 1 of 1